The development of MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) is key to FMT’s economic growth agenda. Areas of work include:
- promoting access to finance
- improving access to markets and infrastructure
- improving entrepreneurship and business skills
- improving value chain operation, and
- developing business clusters.
Through the MSME MAP (Making Access Possible) framework, an evidence-based strategy to support MSMEs is developed for different countries. The process identifies dominant sectors, sizes the value of the sector, assesses blockages to growth for the MSMEs in the sectors, and supports the development of the country plan.